Soheil Mansouri earned a master’s degree in Foreign and Second Language Education, and a doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction specializing in Foreign and Second Language Education from Florida State University. His research interests include heritage language learning, motivational factors in maintaining heritage language, and second language pragmatics with the focus on speech acts. He has also served as the proposal writer, principal investigator, and director of the Webster STARTALK Grant funded by NSA, and the co-director of Webster’s NPD grant funded by U.S. Department of Education. Dr. Mansouri has more than 20 years of teaching experience between the United States and Iran, including EFL instruction in elementary schools, ESL adult instruction at the university level, and TESL courses for both pre-service and in-service teachers seeking TESOL certification.
Master of Science in Foreign and Second Language Education, Florida State University, 2013
Curriculum and Instruction specializing in Foreign and Second Language Education, Florida State University, 2018
- Intensive Legal English Program
- Second Language Acquisition and Technology
- Introduction to Culture and Second Language Acquisition
- Curriculum Development in Second Language Classrooms
- Methods in Teaching a Second or Foreign Language: ESOL Methods
- Assessment of Instruction for Diverse Language Learners
- Language History, Planning, and Policy
- Areas of Expertise
- Heritage Language Learning
- Teacher Education
- What are you whating me for? Mansouri, S. (2023, May 30) Nonnative English Speaker Teachers Newsletter, an interest section of TESOL International Association.
- Studies in Second Language Learning and Teaching, Mansouri, S., & Kaiser, D. (in progress). Pragmatic Objectives in High School Teachers’ Lesson Plans.
- The Teacher-Student Success Network: A Framework for Supporting English Learners’ by Leveraging Partnerships. TESOL Quarterly. Kaiser, D., Mansouri, S., & Kennedy, S. (in progress).
- Rethinking L2 Motivation Research: The 2×2 Model of L2 Self-Guides. Studies in Second Language Acquisition. Papi, M., Bondarenko, A., Mansouri, S., Feng, L., & Jiang, C. (2019).