Tuition and fees for the 2020-21 academic year:
- $60,900 annual tuition is divided between the fall and spring semesters.
- $90 Student Bar Association Fee (JD)
- $70 Legal LAUNCH Week Fee
- University Health Insurance ($1,942 for 2019-20) See details at Student Health Services.
- $524 University Health & Wellness Fee (mandatory)
- Yellow Tag Parking Permit ($852 for 2019-20) See many easy alternative transportation options here.
- $2,000 Books and Supplies (estimate)
- $14,400 Room and Board (estimate) Contact our housing concierge for assistance and high quality lower cost options near campus.
- $5,000 Personal and Other Expenses (estimate)
*All Washington University students are required to carry health insurance. Full-time graduate students on the Danforth Campus are automatically enrolled in (and billed for) the basic student health insurance plan unless proof of comparable coverage is provided. (International students are not eligible to waive out of the insurance plan.) For details about available plans or waiving options, visit Student Health Services.
Tuition and fees are subject to change each year.
To apply for loans, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Washington University Application for Financial Aid.
The FAFSA requires approximately 10 working days to issue the need analysis to the school. It is your responsibility to secure financial aid forms and to meet all deadlines.
To file your FAFSA online, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov – The FAFSA code for Washington University is 002520.
The Law School application for financial aid for new students can be completed online.
The Law School application for financial aid for returning students can be completed online.
If you have any questions about tuition and financial aid at WashULaw, please call (314) 935-4605 or email Carrie Burns.