Jessica Edwards is a member of the Tax Advice and Controversy Group at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP. Ms. Edwards’ practice focuses primarily on transactional tax advice and federal controversy matters. She regularly represents clients in taxable and tax-free acquisitions, mergers, dispositions and spin-offs and advises clients with respect to associated tax issues. Ms. Edwards also assists clients with domestic and international tax planning and restructurings, including providing written advice with respect thereto. Ms. Edwards represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service in federal controversy matters and in connection with ruling requests.
Ms. Edwards is an adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law, where she teaches Advanced Corporation Taxation as part of the Masters in Taxation program. She is also the Vice President of the St. Louis International Tax Group.
- Northwestern University, LL.M., 2010
- Washington University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- University of Missouri-Columbia, B.S., cum laude, 2002
- Advanced Corporate Tax: Tax-Free Mergers & Acquisitions
- Areas of Expertise
- Activity and Affiliations
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Washington University Law Review, Staff Editor
- United States Peace Corps, Malawi, Africa, Education Volunteer, 2003 – 2005
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis