Andrew F. Tuch
Associate Professor of Law
B.Com., 1994, University of Queensland
LL.B., 1997, University of Queensland
LL.M., 1999, Harvard Law School
S.J.D., 2012, Harvard Law School
Andrea Donze - (314) 935-6422
Phone / Email
Phone: (314) 935-3189
Anheuser-Busch Hall, Room 569
Topics in Investment Banking Seminar
Broker-Dealer Regulation Seminar
Professor Tuch teaches and writes in the areas of financial regulation, corporate law, and securities regulation. His recent research focuses on the professional regulation of investment bankers and the fiduciary and other obligations of investment banks advising on merger and acquisition transactions. His scholarship has appeared in a variety of leading journals both in the United States and overseas. He is a contributing author to the Oxford Handbook of Financial Regulation and a two-time recipient of the Brudney Prize for the Best Paper in Corporate Governance at Harvard Law School, where he was an Olin Fellow in Law and Economics and a Fellow of the Program on Corporate Governance. His working papers and published scholarship can be accessed here.
Before joining the law school faculty and completing his doctorate, Tuch clerked for the Queensland Court of Appeal, practiced corporate law at Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York and London, and was a member of the Faculty of Law at the University of Sydney.
At Washington University, Tuch serves as the law school’s liaison with its international exchange partner the University of Queensland.
Recent and Forthcoming Scholarship (selected)
- Banker Loyalty in Mergers and Acquisitions, 94 Tex. L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming 2016) (SSRN)
- Disclaiming Loyalty: M&A Advisors and Their Engagement Letters, 93 Tex. L. Rev. See Also 211 (2015) (invited response to William Bratton & Michael Wachter, Bankers and Chancellors, 93 Tex. L. Rev. 1 (2014)) (SSRN)
- Conduct of Business Regulation, in Oxford Handbook of Financial Regulation (Niamh Moloney, Eilis Ferran, & Jennifer Payne, eds., 2015) (SSRN)
- The Self-Regulation of Investment Bankers, 83 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 101 (2014) (SSRN)
- Financial Conglomerates and Information Barriers, 39 J. Corp. L. 563 (2014) (SSRN)
- Conflicted Gatekeepers: The Volcker Rule and Goldman Sachs, 7 Va. L. Bus. Rev. 365 (2012) (SSRN)
- Multiple Gatekeepers, 96 Va. L. Rev. 1583 (2010) (SSRN)
- Private Equity and Corporate Control Transactions (edited with the Hon. Robert P. Austin, Supreme Court of New South Wales), Parsons Center University of Sydney (2007)