Posted By Hyla Bondareff on May 15, 2012
Be sure to extend your Law School LexisNexis and Westlaw passwords if you require access over the summer.
Bloomberg Law is also now available to all law students and your password may be used over the summer without an educational purpose restriction. Bloomberg Law access and help is available at https://www.bloomberglaw.com/. To obtain an account, just click the request a trial link on the bottom left of the screen and fill out the form. Please note: you must use your wulaw.wustl.edu email address. Bloomberg will email you a password you can use while you are a law student and for six months after graduation.
More on Bloomberg Law …. Bloomberg Law includes primary sources of law, a citator, full access to secondary sources, including BNA content, and federal and state court dockets. There’s no need to pay for PACER access now when you can find the dockets free on BLaw. Bloomberg also has no restrictions on the use of BLaw, meaning that your use is not limited to academic purposes. They provide 24/7 customer support at 1-888-560-BLAW (2529).
Students will have full access to Lexis Advance all summer for educational purposes. Students simply need to have a registered Lexis Advance ID as there is no longer a summer access registration requirement.
Educational use includes:
- Summer course preparation and assignments
- Research associated with Moot Court, Law Review, or Law Journal
- Research associated with pursuing a grant or scholarship
- Services as a research assistant to a professor
- An internship, externship, or clinic position for school credit or graduation requirement
- Study for the bar exam
- Research skill improvement for educational purposes
Note: Student Lexis.com IDs will be restricted to a limited menu of Career resources from June 1st to August 1st. However, if you need access to specific content available only on Lexis.com (i.e. international materials), contact our Lexis Account Executive, Marantha Beatty-Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain access.
Summer access to Westlaw for educational use can be requested at http://lawschool.westlaw.com/registration/SummerExtension.aspx
Educational use includes:
- Summer law school classes
- Law Review and Journal work
- Project for a professor
- Moot Court
- Unpaid non-profit public interest internship/externship or pro bono work required for graduation
Any questions can be directed to our West Academic Account Manager, Bryan McAffee, at Bryan.McAffee@thomsonreuters.com