Calendar of Events
The following list of events has been confirmed. Dates, times, and locations of events will be announced as quickly as possible.
Please check the Law Weekly and the Whitney R. Harris World Law Institute’s website for updates.
August 31-September 1
2015 International Humanitarian Law Dialogs: "The Wrongs We Seek" For more info, visit here.
- 2015 CICL/LJ Symposium on Human Trafficking [more]
- International Dispute Resolution: Protecting Your Client In The Global Economy [more]
- No Fire Zone: The Killing Fields of Sri Lanka - Callum Macrae [more]
- 8th Annual William C. Jones Lecture Series - Curtis J. Milhaupt [more]
- LGBT Rights in International and Comparative Law: Progress and Contestation - Laurence (Larry) R. Helfer [more]
- Justice for Sergei film screening with Professor Walke [more]
- International Justice: Beginning of the End, or End of the Beginning? - Prosecutor Serge Brammertz [more]
- International Human Rights Law in Action: Lessons from the Field - Professor Stephanie Farrior [more]
- Global Perspectives on Colorism Conference more...
CFR Academic Conference Calls:
- U.S. Counterterrorism Policy, Speaker, Audrey Kurth Cronin, Distinguished Service Professor, George Mason University School
of Public Policy. See more.
- International Efforts to Combat Climate Change - Michael A. Levi, CFR Senior Fellow for Energy and the Environment and
Director of the Maurice R. Greenberg Center for Geo-economics Studies. See more.
- Security and Democratic Governance in Nigeria, Speaker, John Campbell, CFR Senior Fellow for Africa Policy Studies. See more.
- The Global Health Crisis of Noncommunicable Diseases (NCDs), Speaker, Thomas J. Bollyky, CFR Senior Fellow for Global Health,
Economics, and Development. See more.
- 8th Annual International Humanitarian Law Dialogs [more]
- Legal Globalization and Efficiency: Towards Standardization or Jurisdiversity: Prof. Bertrand du Marais [more]
- Constitutional Implications of the Financial Crisis in Europe: Prof. Goncalo Matias [more]
- Fires, Fuel and the Fate of 3 Billion: The State of the Energy Improverished: Gautam Yadama and Mark Katzman [more]
CFR Academic Conference Calls:
- The Future of Guantanamo Bay, Speaker, Matthew C. Waxman, CFR Adjunct Senior Fellow for Law and Foreign Policy. See more.
- NAFTA at Twenty, Speaker, Shannon K. O’Neil, CFR Senior Fellow for Latin America Studies and Director of the Civil Society,
Markets, and Democracy Program. See more.
- U.S. – China Relations, Speaker, Elizabeth Economy, CFR C.V. Starr Senior Fellow and Director for Asia Studies. See more.
- Implications of Drones on U.S. Foreign Policy, Speakers, Sarah Kreps, CFR’s Stanton Nuclear Security Fellow, and an associate professor
of government at Cornell University and Micah Zenko, CFR’s Douglas Dillion Fellow. See more.
- The Modern Challenges of International Law: Ambassador David Scheffer [more]
- William C. Jones Lecture: Professor Madeline Zelin [more]
- Rule of Law, Criminal Justice, and the U.S. in Afghanistan: Karen Hall, U.S. Department of State [more]
- Expert Meeting on "Fulfilling the Dictates of Public Conscience:
Moving Forward with a Convention on Crimes Against Humanity" [more]
- 7th International Humanitarian Law Dialogs [more]
- International Law Weekend (ILW) Midewest Conference [more]
- Challenges of Global Governance (Council on Foreign Relations Academic Conference
Call): Stewart M. Patrick
- 2013 World Peace Through Law Lecture: H.E. Sir Christopher Greenwood [more]
- Holocaust memorial Lecture Speaker: Sarah Wagner
"Srebrenica's Legacies of Loss and Remembrance" [more]
- American Grand Strategy(Council on Foreign Relations Academic Conference
Call): Richard N. Haass
- Roundtable on "Sebrenica's Legacies of Loss and Remembrance
- Seeds of Hope: Can the Women of Congo Dare to Dream of Peace and Justice:
Fiona Lloyd-Davies [more]