Charles Jellinek is a partner at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP. He practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law. His practice includes traditional labor law, litigation of employment and benefit disputes, and counseling on labor, employment and human resource matters. His is a full-service labor practice with an emphasis on crisis labor relations. He regularly counsels clients on traditional labor issues, including union avoidance, collective bargaining, grievance adjustment and arbitration, strikes, picketing and other work stoppage issues and reduction-in-force planning. His litigation practice focuses on the defense of complex individual and class action labor, employment and ERISA disputes in federal courts, state courts and administrative agencies. Mr. Jellinek advises many health care, retail, manufacturing, and service-oriented clients on a wide variety of issues, including hiring, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, wage and hour laws, prevailing wage laws, disability discrimination, employee leave rights and workers’ compensation, among others. Before joining the firm, Mr. Jellinek was an assistant attorney general with the Missouri Attorney General’s Office – Labor Division.
Mr. Jellinek is regularly requested by clients and business associations to provide training on various labor/employment matters.
- Washington University, J.D., 1993
- Saint Louis University, B.A., 1990
- Pretrial Practice and Settlement
- Areas of Expertise
- Activity and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Section Member – Labor and Employment, ERISA and Workers’ Compensation The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- The Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers – Director
- Honors and Awards