Caroline Chicoine is Of Counsel at Husch Blackwell LLP and is a member of the firm’s Technology, Manufacturing & Transportation industry team, focuses her practice on intellectual property and trademark law. She has spent much of her career counseling clients in the development and implementation of enforcement strategies for combating infringement activity on the internet, and is skilled at reclaiming domain names for her clients through negotiation and arbitration.
Caroline has been a leader in shaping the future of trademark protection online, working closely with industry professionals in the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- Trademark Practice
- Activity and Affiliations
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, Intellectual Property Constituency, Member
- International Trademark Association-Impact Studies Committee, Vice-Chair 2018-2019, Member 2016-2017; Internet Committee, Chair, 2010-2012, Vice Chair, 2008-2010, Chair of Registration and Domain Name System Administration Subcommittee, 2005-2007, Member 1998-2003; State Law Subcommittee of the Dilution Committee, Chair, 2003-2005
- Washington University, Adjunct Faculty, Trademark Practice class, 2005-present
- Archdiocese of St. Louis, Associations of the Archbishop, Sponsor
- FIRST Lego Robotics team, Coach
- National Charity League, Gateway Chapter, Parliamentarian, 2016-2018
- University of Illinois, Presidents Circle
- Washington University, Elliot Society
- Honors and Awards
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers-Implementation Recommendation Team, Chair, 2009; Names Council, 1999-2001
- International Trademark Association, Volunteer Service Award for Advancement of the Association, 2002