Information for Students
This page provides an outline of all of the steps that graduating students need to take before Commencement, on Commencement Day, and after Commencement, as you prepare to leave Washington University School of Law. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically for any updates. This information is subject to change before May 20, 2016. (updated 1.25.16)
8:30 a.m | Brookings Quadrangle
Law students will line up on the east side of Olin Library. Assembly Point & Procession Order Map
- 8 a.m., all candidates must be at the assembly point designated for each school.
- Procession [Candidates should march in front of or behind the person with whom they wish to sit – not side-by-side.]
The student divisions will follow the procession leaders according to the order shown on the procession order and assembly points chart.
- Ceremony [The program begins with the Commencement address, followed by the presentation and conferral of degrees. This is done by school. You will not received your diploma.]
- Recession [All graduates will recess from the Quadrangle under the direction of the Commencement marshals.]
Law Graduates should quickly exit and proceed to the Athletic Complex to line up for the law school ceremony.
SCHOOL OF LAW CEREMONY
Recognition Ceremony | Diploma Distribution and Reception
- 11:15 a.m. Varsity Gym, Athletics Complex
- Reception immediately following, Anheuser-Busch Hall
#WashU16 and Email Updates
Help celebrate the Class of 2016 by sharing your tweets, photos, and videos using our official commencement hashtag. Don’t forget to sign up to receive email updates, as well.
Jeanetta Nixon | Events Department | firstname.lastname@example.org | 314.935.6551