Information for Guests
This page provides information for guests, family members, and visitors who will be attending the 2015 Commencement activities. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically for any updates. Information will be posted as it becomes available. (updated 4/23/15)
Please note that tickets are not needed for Commencement in the Brookings Quadrangle or the Law School Recognition Ceremony.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE COMMENCEMENT
- How to order announcements - Information about ordering your student's announcements or graduation gifts.
Planning Your Visit
- Hotel Information - Information on where to stay near the university.
- Directions - Driving to Washington University School of Law, Anheuser-Busch Hall.
- Experience St. Louis - Visit and explore the St. Louis area.
ACTIVITIES COMMENCEMENT WEEK
For more information click here. The events listed below are by invitation only.
- LL.M. Reception | Wednesday, May 13 | Janite Lee Reading Room (ABH-No. 452, 4th floor Library) | 6:00 p.m.
- Pro Bono Awards for Public Service Hours | Thursday, May 14 | Janite Lee Reading Room (ABH-No. 452, 4th floor Library) | 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Academic Excellence Awards and Reception | Thursday, May 14 | Crowder Courtyard (ABH-No. 301) | 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
WHAT TO KNOW AND WHERE TO BE ON COMMENCEMENT DAY - FRIDAY, MAY 15, 2015
Parking and On-Campus Transportation
Parking will be very limited on the Danforth Campus during the Commencement Ceremonies; please take this into consideration when you are making your plans for the day.
- Danforth Campus Parking Information
- Special Needs Parking - The university provides designated parking areas for those who are mobility-impaired across campus on Commencement day. However, because of the tremendous demand on university Parking Services’ resources, neither the university nor the Law School can meet individual requests from those with special parking needs. One option for families wishing to attend the Law School ceremony is to drop off guests with special needs in the circle off Snow Way outside the first floor of Anheuser-Busch Hall. Guests can then travel by elevator to the third floor, which provides access to the main campus. Please note that someone must stay with the vehicle at all times. After dropping-off guests, the vehicle must be relocated quickly to long-term parking. The closest handicapped parking for the law school will be the top level of Snow Way Garage, located just west of Anheuser-Busch Hall. The university does provide limited golf cart service from designated handicapped parking areas like the Snow Way Garage that day. While it is not possible to dedicate golf carts to individual schools, including the Law School, golf carts will also be available to transport individuals to Anheuser-Busch Hall and to a University stop if they wish to travel to the main ceremony. As a result, it is best for families of those with special needs to provide their own transportation on Commencement day. Thirty wheelchairs are available for use at university Commencement and school ceremonies. They may be reserved by calling Rosetta Saputo, 314-935-5669.
University Ceremony Information - 8:30 a.m.
- University Processional: begins 8:30 a.m. (the law school is in the second group entering the quadrangle) [order of march]
- University Ceremony: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. approx. (Brookings Quadrangle) (Law students will be acknowledged as a school.)
- Watch University Commencement on the Web - Friends and family can join the celebration without traveling.
- Special Needs Seating and Access - Information for those needing accommodations ahead of time for any guests or family members with special needs.
- University Commencement Viewing Locations - Visitors who wish to remain indoors during Commencement can find closed circuit viewing.
Law School Reception - 11:00 a.m. (after university ceremony)
Anheuser-Busch Hall, Crowder Courtyard (No. 301), 2nd floor and 4th floor
You will find an array of appetizers and drinks to celebrate this momentous occasion with family and friends.
Law School Recognition Ceremony - 1:15 a.m.
- The Law School Ceremony will begin at 1:15 p.m. at the Brookings Quadrangle.
- Law School Recognition Ceremony Program: Click here to view.
- Guests attending the Law School Ceremony will find closest parking in the Snow Way garage. If this garage is full upon your arrival, attendants will indicate alternative locations (see "Parking and On-Campus Transportation," above). Due to the very limited number of parking spaces available on campus, we ask that guests plan to carpool if possible.
- There will be ample guest seating at this ceremony, including reserved handicap-accessible seating and a designated area for guests who wish to take photos.
- Special Needs Seating and Access - Information for those needing accommodations ahead of time for any quests or family members with special needs.
- Severe Weather Plan - Information in the event of violent weather (not rain) which will necessitate a change in ceremony locations.
Be Part of the Commencement Story with Social Media
Join in the law school’s celebration of Commencement 2015 through social media! Use the hashtag #WUSTL15 to be part of Washington University’s larger social media conversation on Commencement Day. #WUSTL15 messages will appear on the university’s Commencement site, commencement.wustl.edu, which also includes links to help you share news and photos of your big day on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Instagram. To keep up with what is happening at the law school, follow us on Twitter using the handle @WashULaw to see interviews with students, photos of the day as it unfolds, links to Commencement-related articles, and more!
- How to order photos - Friends and family will be able to order pictures from Grad Images
Future Ceremony dates
December recognition ceremony dates:
Saturday, December 5, 2015
Saturday, December 3, 2016
Commencement dates: (University and School of Law)
Friday, May 20, 2016
Friday, May 19, 2017
Jeanetta Nixon | Events Department | by email: email@example.com | by phone: 314.935.6551