Laptop Exam Information
(All information posted to this page is REQUIRED READING.)
STEP 1: Required Reading
Read before downloading the exam software and files:
- Only download the software and exam files if you plan to take an exam with your laptop. Students that plan to handwrite all exams should not download the software or the exam files. If you intend to handwrite your exam do not bring your laptop to the exam room.
- The SofTest software must be installed on your computer's main hard drive. When downloading the software, follow the on-screen instructions on the ExamSoft web page. You must download the SofTest to your main drive (which is your C Drive for most students). Downloading the software to any other drive than your main drive may result in the loss of your completed exam file. Do not move the program files or the exam files. This action may result in the loss of your completed exam file and may be viewed as tampering with the exam software.
- All students using ExamSoft/SofTest must download their exam files by the exam download deadline to the laptop you plan to use during the exam period. All deadlines will be clearly stated in email messages from The Office of the Registrar. You cannot copy, cut, or move exam files from one laptop to another. Your exam files will only work on the laptop that you used to download the files.
- Once you have downloaded and registered SofTest, you are required to run the Mock Exam at least once prior to exam day. If you do not receive system confirmation that the answerfile uploaded successfully, contact ExamSoft technical support at 1-866-429-8889.
- If you experience any laptop problems when running the SofTest software, contact ExamSoft technical support at 1-866-429-8889. You can also stop by the Registrar's Office, Room 303H, or at the Computer Center on the 2nd floor. If the problems persist, you should make alternate arrangements ahead of time to rent or borrow a different laptop for your exams, or you should prepare to handwrite your exam(s).
- After downloading the exam files on to your laptop, if you need to use a different laptop for any reason you must contact Sue Eggemeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org), 314-935-7458, Anheuser-Busch Hall, Suite 303. Each exam file is secured and may only be downloaded, opened, and uploaded one time.
- Once you have installed SofTest and downloaded exam files to the laptop you will use, do not make any system changes (updates, adding, deleting programs) to your laptop. If you make any changes, or if your system does automatic updates, it could interfere with the ability of SofTest to function properly. That is why it is important to periodically re-take the Mock Exam, because it continues to test your laptop's functionality with SofTest.
DO NOT OPEN YOUR EXAM FILE Before the Exam Assistant Instructs You To Do So ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM.
Read before taking an exam:
Exam Day, During the Exam, After the exam [click to view]
STEP 2: ExamSoft/SofTest software download
ExamSoft Login & SofTest® Registration Instructions [click to view]
STEP 3 & 4 : Download ExamSoft/Softest Exam Files & Take Mock Exam
Softest exam-file download, taking an exam, uploading [click to view]
Telephone: (636) 527-9660