Please visit our Admissions website on “Transfer and Visiting Students” at https://law.wustl.edu/apply-TransferStudents.asp for detailed information about applying to Washington University School of Law (WUSL) as a transfer (or visiting) student.
Incoming Transfer Students Orientation and General Information
- 2014 Transfer Orientation Schedule [view]
Course/Residency Requirements for Students Transferring to Washington University School of Law
- Course/Residency Information [TBA]
- Total Minimum # of Credit Hours which must be taken at WUSL by a Transfer Student (assuming student completed at least 30 units doing the typical first year curriculum at previous law school): 56
- Total Minimum # of Full-Time Semesters which must be taken at WUSL by a Transfer Student (assuming student completed at least 2 full-time semesters at previous law school): 4
- Students who have completed less than a full year at their previous law school (e.g., two out of three trimesters) will receive credit for the number of hours that they received at their previous school (with C or better scores), and fractional residency (based on 12 units and 13-14 weeks of classes as the minimum number of credits/class weeks for a full-time semester).
- Transfer students beginning at WUSL receive a maximum of 30 units - for the courses they passed with grades of C or better at their previous law school.
Writing Competition Information for Transfer Students
- Writing Competition Information [http://law.wustl.edu/Publications/pages.aspx?id=839]
Academic Planning Guide
- Course Selection Information (including concentration information) [view]
- General Registration Information [view]
Contact the Registrar's Office
last updated 14 July 2014