Arts and Entertainment
Community Service Opportunities
Students interested in legal placements should contact Elizabeth Walsh at email@example.com for more information.
St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
VLAA helps painters, poets, musicians, playwrights, photographers, graphic artists, dancers, craft groups, filmmakers, theater companies, orchestras, neighborhood arts councils and others. The VLAA caseload includes obtaining nonprofit, tax-exempt status; negotiating and drafting contracts; protecting intellectual property; developing bookkeeping systems; and providing education and mediation services.
- Opportunities: serve as legal intern; nonprofit incorporation
- Qualifications/Requirements: please call for more information
Arts Commandos (Regional Arts Commission)
The Arts Commandos, a special project of the Regional Arts Commission since 1991, is a program that cultivates a corps of energetic volunteers who work as individuals or as a team to complete specific episodic projects for nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in St. Louis. The mission of the Arts Commandos volunteer program is to provide a flexible, innovative and personally rewarding way for individuals to benefit the St. Louis arts community by donating their time and energy to further the mission of each organization that seeks their support.
- Opportunities: setting up and taking down at shows and fundraisers; manning booths; ushering, etc.
- Qualifications/Requirements: must be at least 21 years old
- Contact: Lisette Dennis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-581
St. Louis Sports Commission
The Sports Commission is responsible for producing a diverse lineup of high-profile events that excite area sports fans, create revenue for the region, and generate positive exposure for St. Louis. Simultaneously, the organization coordinates a series of programs that help area children live healthier, happier and more productive lives through sports. Its efforts and results make St. Louis a better place to live, visit, work and play.
- Opportunities: volunteering at Sports Commission activities and other area sporting events
Contact: Becky Painter, Event Coordinator, email@example.com or (314) 992-0487