Job Opportunities & Fellowships
- Armstrong Teasdale 1L Diversity Fellowship
We are proud to solicit applications for Armstrong Teasdale’s 2017 1L Diversity Fellowship Program for our St. Louis office. The fellowship includes a paid 1L summer associate position for Summer 2017, a mentorship with a member of our Diversity Committee, a $5,000 stipend if the fellow returns as a 2L associate and another $5,000 stipend if the fellow accepts an offer for full-time employment upon completion of law school.
How to Apply: Armstrong Teasdale Fellowship
More Information: Armstrong-2017-1L-Diversity Fellowship
- Charlotte Legal Diversity Clerkship
We offer a highly competitive program sponsored by the Mecklenburg County Bar (Charlotte, NC), where rising 2Ls spend six weeks as a summer associate at a law firm and six weeks as a legal intern in a corporate legal department.
At one of four corporate legal departments: Bank of America; Duke Energy Corporation; Ingersoll Rand; or Wells Fargo & Company
At one of seven law firms: Alston & Bird LLP; K&L Gates LLP; Mayer Brown LLP; McGuireWoods LLP; Moore & Van Allen PLLC; Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP; or Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A.
How to Apply: 2017-CLDC
Deadline: January 20, 2017
- Davis Wright Tremaine (DWT) 1L Diversity Scholarship
We offer three scholarships (one each in our Seattle, Portland, D.C., Los Angeles, and New York offices), which consist of a paid Summer Associate position and $7,500 for the student’s second year tuition and expenses.
Offices: Seattle, Portland, D.C., Los Angeles, and New York.
How to apply: DWT-2017-1L-Diversity-Scholarship
Deadline: January 10, 2017.
- Department of Homeland Security, Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties seeks to provide motivated law students entering their second or third year of law school with an internship opportunity in Washington, D.C. The internship will provide experience in the fields of Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Employment Law, Homeland Security, and the practical workings of the Federal Government.
This is an unpaid position with no relocation expenses available. Students are free to seek funding or course credit for the internship, but should resolve those issues with their own law school administrators.
How to Apply: DHS-CRCL-Internship
Deadline: March 1, 2017
- Goodwin 1L Diversity Fellowships
For the past ten years, Goodwin has invested in a diverse legal community by offering fellowships to high-achieving diverse law students. Our fellowship program offers awards of $10,000 to diverse law students who work in public interest positions the summer after their first year of law school. This program allows us to connect with a wide array of talented students early in their legal careers who are committed to giving back to their communities.
In addition to the monetary fellowship award, selected fellows are guaranteed a “straight-to-callback” interview with the Goodwin Procter office of their choice in the fall interviewing season during their second year of law school. Fellows will also be invited to participate in some of our summer associate program events during their summer at the public interest organization.
Offices: Boston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington DC.
How to apply: Goodwin Proctor Diversity Fellowships.
Deadline: February 21, 2017.
- JRC-JTB Summer Judicial Internship Diversity Project
This is an unpaid opportunity for 1Ls or 2Ls to work for a federal judge during the summer of 2017. Opportunities are available all over the country.
More Information: 2017-JRC-JTB
Deadline: January 13, 2017.
- Latham & Watkins 1L Fellowship & Diversity Leadership Academy
(1) 1L Fellows will spend the first five or six weeks of the summer in one of our U.S. offices and the remaining portion of the 10 weeks with one of our clients ($3,470/week). 1L Fellows will also be invited to attend our Diversity Leadership Academy and will be provided with other unique training and mentoring opportunities for the duration of their time in law school. Successful participants in the program will be invited to return to the firm, for a minimum of eight weeks, the following summer. Upon acceptance of an offer to return as a 2018 summer associate, participants will also receive a $10,000 scholarship through our 2L Diversity Scholars Program.
How to apply: www.lw.com/1LFellowship.
More information: 2017-Latham-1L-Fellowship
Deadline: January 11, 2017.
(2) Latham’s second annual Diversity Leadership Academy will take place on March 31-April 2, 2017, in San Francisco. This event will bring together Latham attorneys from around the globe, 1L Fellows and other talented first-year law students from across the United States with a specific focus on developing and empowering future leaders of the legal profession and creating community among our lawyers, recruits and 1L guests, all of whom share a commitment to diversity.
How to apply: www.lw.com/DiversityLeadershipAcademy.
More information: 2017-Latham-Leadership Academy
Deadline: January 11, 2017.
Note: students that seek to apply to both the 1L Fellowship Program and Diversity Leadership Academy need only complete the 1L Fellowship Application and select to apply to both programs.
- Perkins Coie LLP 2017 Fellowship
Since 1991 the Firm has awarded fellowships to first year law students from a diversity of backgrounds. The fellowships provide students a $15,000 academic scholarship and a paid summer associate position immediately following the completion of their first year of law school. There are fellowships in the following areas: Diversity Fellowship, Patent Litigation & Patent Fellowships, Political Law Diversity Fellowship.
Offices: Chicago, Madison, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
Deadline: January 16, 2017.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
The Public Policy Litigation and Law Department of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks 1L and 2L law student interns for its New York and Washington, D.C. offices for the summer of 2017. PPFA is open to candidates who wish to split their summer with another internship or a summer associate position. The internship is open to first and second year law students. Successful applicants will have enthusiasm, excellent research and writing skills, and an interest in reproductive justice, health law, racial and economic justice, and/or public interest law more generally.
Applicants are encouraged to seek outside funding for the internship. However, if you are not able to secure funding, please advise us, as PPFA may be able to provide funding.
How to Apply: Planned-Parenthood-Summer-Internship
Deadline: Rolling Basis
- Stoel Rives 1L Diversity Fellowship
We are committed to fostering diversity within our firm and our communities. To further this goal, Stoel Rives is proud to offer 1L Diversity Fellowships in each of our Portland, Salt Lake City and Seattle offices. Recipients will each be awarded a salaried summer associate position for the summer of 2017 and a $7,500 tuition scholarship for the following academic year.
Offices: Portland, Salt Lake City and Seattle.
How to apply: http://www.stoel.com/diversity.pdf.
Deadline: January 8, 2017.