Annette R. Appell - Publications
For the complete list of publications, please see the current CV [view].
You will need to download the free Adobe Reader if you choose to view the files through our website.
Articles & Essays
- "The Child Question." 2013 Michigan State Law Review 1137 (2014)
- "Certifying Identity," 42 Capital University Law Review 361 (2014)
- "Accommodating Childhood,” 19 Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender 715 (2013)
- "Book Review, Abbie E. Goldberg. Gay Dads: Transitions to Adoptive Fatherhood. New York, New York University Press (2012)," 16 Adoption Quarterly 81 (2013)
- “Representing Children at the Intersection of Domestic Violence and Child Protection," (with Joshua Gupta-Kagan), Fall 2012 St. Louis B. J 26 (Fall 2012)
- “Introduction to Symposium on Race to Justice: Prisons & Masculinity through a Black Feminist Lens,” (with Adrienne Davis), 37 Washington University Journal of Law & Policy (2012)
- “The Myth of Separation,” Northwestern Journal of Law & Social Policy (2011)
- "Introduction, New Directions in ADR and Clinical Legal Education” (with Karen Tokarz), 35 Washington University Journal of Law & Policy (2011)
- “Controlling for Kin: Ghosts in the Postmodern Family,” 25 Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender & Society 73 (2010)
- “Reflections on the Movement Toward a More Child-Centered Adoption,” 32 Western New England Law Review 1 (2010)
- “The Pre-political Child of Child-Centered Jurisprudence,” in The Children’s Table (Anna Mae Duane, ed.) (U. Georgia Press 2013)
- "Legal Issues in Lesbian and Gay Adoption," Adoption by Lesbians and Gay Men: A New Dimension in Family Diversity (eds. David Brodzinsky & Adam Pertman) Oxford University Press (2012)