Information for Students
This page provides an outline of all of the steps that graduating students need to take before Commencement, on Commencement Day, and after Commencement, as you prepare to leave Washington University School of Law. Please bookmark this page and check back periodically for any updates. This information is subject to change before May 20, 2016. (updated 4.14.16)
ALL GRADUATING STUDENTS NOT PARTICIPATING IN COMMENCEMENT
Please submit this form indicating your intent to NOT participate.
PREPARING FOR COMMENCEMENT
All Graduates Planning to Walk in Commencement MUST:
COMPLETE REGALIA ORDER and PARTICIPANT FORM - Deadline April 30, 2016
All students who plan to walk in the Commencement Ceremonies in May will need to complete the electronic
Regalia Order and Participant Form. [Order and RSVP online]
- Your regalia must be ordered using the form listed above, do not order regalia directly from the Campus Book Store.
- Regalia Rental Orders must be RECEIVED by April 30, 2016. LATE FEES will be assessed for orders received after April 30, 2016.
PLAN TO ATTEND A MANDATORY TRAINING SESSION
All graduating students are required to attend a mandatory training session. There are three training sessions; you may attend any one you choose as best fits your schedule. As this is a mandatory training, please ensure you attend at least one of the following trainings, which will all be held in Anheuser-Busch Hall, Bryan Cave Moot Courtroom, No. 310. If you have any questions or unable to attend any of the training sessions listed below, contact Bev Owens| by email: firstname.lastname@example.org | by phone: 314.935.6482
SAVE THE DATE
- Friday, April 22, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Friday, April 29, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Friday, May 6, 1:00pm-2:00pm
All Graduates MAY:
- Order Commencement Announcements - If we missed you “in line,” just go “online”! Announcements, diploma frames, class rings, and other commencement material can also be ordered online, at Jostens.com/college—or call 1-800-854-7464. [Jostens website]
- Complete HomeTown News Release Information - The Office of Public Affairs would like to share news of your degree with your hometown paper.
May 16-20, 2016
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, May 16 through Wednesday, May 18 and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday, May 19
Rental regalia will be available for pickup in the campus store, lower level coursebook area, Mallinckrodt Center. Students will be required to present their university photo ID to claim their orders.
The campus bookstore opens early, at 7:30 a.m., on Friday, May 20.
DAY OF COMMENENCEMENT
GRADUATING CLASSES GROUP PHOTOS
7:30 a.m. | All Graduates | Meet near AB Hall, South Entrance | All graduates must be in regalia. (carry your hat)
- 7:40 a.m. - JD Group Photo
- 7:45 a.m. - LLM Group Photo
- 7:50 a.m. - Graduates proceed to assembly point [east side of Olin Library] for march into University Ceremony. [Graduates should line up in front of or behind the person with whom they wish to sit – not side-by-side.] Assembly Point & Procession Order Map
8:30 a.m | Brookings Quadrangle
Law students will line up on the east side of Olin Library. Assembly Point & Procession Order Map
- 8 a.m., all candidates must be at the assembly point designated for each school.
- Procession [Candidates should march in front of or behind the person with whom they wish to sit – not side-by-side.]
The student divisions will follow the procession leaders according to the order shown on the procession order and assembly points chart.
- Ceremony [The program begins with the Commencement address, followed by the presentation and conferral of degrees. This is done by school. You will not received your diploma.] Ends approx 10:45 a.m.
- Recession [All graduates will recess from the Quadrangle under the direction of the Commencement marshals.]
Law Graduates should quickly exit and proceed to the Athletics Complex to line up for the law school ceremony.
SCHOOL OF LAW CEREMONY
Recognition Ceremony | Reception and Diploma Distribution
- Line-up will take place in the Varsity Gym next to the Law School Ceremony. Follow the signs.
- Ceremony Begins: 11:15 a.m. WUSTL Athletics Complex, Varsity Gym
- Reception: Begins immediately following the ceremony, Anheuser-Busch Hall, Crowder Courtyard, 2nd & 4th floors
- Diploma Distribution: Anheuser-Busch Hall, on the 4th floor northwest section of the Law Library. Graduates will need a photo id to receive their diploma.
#WashU16 and Email Updates
Help celebrate the Class of 2016 by sharing your tweets, photos, and videos using our official commencement hashtag. Don’t forget to sign up to receive email updates, as well.
- May 20-22, 2016 - Rental regalia must be returned no later than Sunday, May 22, 2016. On May 20, return regalia to the lower level of the Danforth Campus store. An additional site will be available between Simon Hall and Seigle Hall. After May 20, return regalia to the Danforth Campus store. For more information, please contact the bookstore’s general merchandise department at (314) 935-5606 or email email@example.com.
Click here for more information.
Congratulations on your accomplishments! If today is your official graduation date, you can pick up your diploma after the ceremony in Anheuser-Bush Hall on the 4th floor northwest section of the Law Library.
YOU WILL NEED A PHOTO ID TO PICK UP YOUR DIPLOMA.
If you do not pick up your diploma today, you can pick it up from the Office of the University Registrar for approximately three weeks after commencement. After that it will be mailed to the address listed on your intent to graduate form.
- Click here to view Grad Images website for more information.
Bev Owens| by email: firstname.lastname@example.org | by phone: 314.935.6482