Work, Families, and Public Policy Seminar Series - Spring 2010
Work, Families, and Public Policy Seminar Series
This bi-weekly brown-bag seminar series organized by Bob Pollak and Michael Sherraden features speakers on topics relating to labor, households, health care, law, and social welfare and is cosponsored with the Washington University Economics Department, Olin Business School, Brown School of Social Work, Center for Social Development, College of Arts and Sciences, and Washington University Law’s Center for the Interdisciplinary Study of Work and Social Capital.
- February 1: Shelly Lundberg, University of Washington, "Personality and Marital Surplus."
- February 15: Naomi Cahn, George Washington University Law School, "Red Families v. Blue Families."
- March 1: Natalia Kolesnikova, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, "The Role of Location in Evaluating Racial Wage Disparity."
- March 15: Juan Pantano, Washington University in St. Louis, "Parenting and Teenage Risky Behavior."
- March 29: Joseph Price, Brigham Young University, "The Effect of Parental Time Investments: Evidence from Natural Within-Family Variation."
- April 12: Alvin Roth, Harvard University, "Couples in the Labor Market." [view paper]
- April 26: Judith A. Seltzer, University of California, Los Angeles, "Doubling Up When Times Are Tough: A Pilot Study of Obligations to Share a Home in Response to Economic Hardship." This Event has been cancelled.
Faculty members and graduate students from Washington University, the University of Missouri, St. Louis University, and other area universities, are invited to participate.
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 PM, with discussion extending to 1:30 p.m., for those interested. Place: Seigle Hall, Room 348, at Washington University.
For more information, contact: Bob Pollak, at (314) 935-4918, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Sherraden, at (314) 935-6691, email: email@example.com
To download papers go online to: http://www.olin.wustl.edu/links/ and click on the Academic Seminars link on the lower right hand side.
Sponsored by the Olin Business School, the George Warren Brown School of Social Work, the Center for Social Development, the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies at the School of Law, the Department of Economics, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Room courtesy of the Economics Department. Coffee and soft drinks will be provided.