INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING ANNIVERSARY TOASTS & TRIBUTES
We want to hear from you! Please send us your videos, photos, and written material – send us anything! Our experts will use your submissions to create a special anniversary video to share on September 15 at our celebration in St. Louis and with our alumni.
TIPS TO GET STARTED
- Shoot in a quiet area with little background noise: air conditioner, traffic, etc.
- If possible, shoot during the day. Sit or stand near a window to illuminate your face. Try to avoid
- Avoid having windows or extra bright areas in the background.
- You may want to create interview questions before recording. Have a friend or family member read the interview questions to you during recording.
- Try to speak clearly with energy and emotion.
- You can pause or redo answers, but don’t stop recording. We can edit later.
A FEW IDEAS FOR YOUR TOASTS & TRIBUTES
- A special written or videotaped toast to 150 years of great legal education at WashULaw.
- A written or videotaped “Happy Anniversary” wish to WashULaw.
- A written or videotaped tribute to your favorite professor or staff member.
- A written or videotaped fun memory of your time at WashULaw.
- Special Photos from your days at WashULaw. Please include some caption information, including your name, class year, and the year the photo was taken.
- Any other ideas are welcome!
GET READY TO RECORD YOUR VIDEO
- Tap the Camera app on the home screen of your phone or tablet.
- On an iphone, use the slider to switch from PHOTO to VIDEO. On an Android, select the video icon.
- Tap the “Switch Camera” icon in the bottom or top of the phone screen to activate the forward-facing camera.
- If you are using a tablet, lock the tablet in “Landscape” mode by using the switch next to the volume controls.
- Set the phone or tablet on a flat, steady surface where it will not move once you start recording.
- Stand no more than four feet away from the phone or tablet and make sure you can see yourself in the screen.
- Do Not Shoot in Portrait Mode!
RECORD YOUR TOAST OR TRIBUTE
- Tap the Record button.
- Talk at a normal volume for 15 seconds.
- Tap the red button to stop recording.
- Find the “Photos” app on your iPhone or Android “Gallery” and open it. On the iPhone, you may need to go to “Albums” and then “Camera Roll”.
- Tap on your video to view it.
- If you like your video, it is ready to share with us. If not, record a new video.
SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO TOAST OR TRIBUTE
- Find the “Photos” icon on your iPhone or Android “Gallery” and open it. On the iPhone, you may need to go to “Albums” and then “Camera Roll”.
- Tap on “Video” to select it.
- Tap the “Share” button.
- Select “Mail” / “Email” icon.
- Email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Evntiv Video, your name.
- You are done! We look forward to seeing your video!
SUBMITTING YOUR PHOTOS AND WRITTEN TOASTS & TRIBUTES
- Please email photos from your time at WashULaw and written tributes to WashULaw150@wustl.edu.
FOR MORE ASSISTANCE
- Kaylen Kress, email email@example.com or call 314.615.6515 or 630.607.8430