For More Information about Missouri's African American Heritage...
From Missouri's Cultural Resource Inventory:
Call (314) 751-7959.
- a complete listing of all inventoried historic places associated with Missouri's African American community, free of charge;
- copies of specific National Register of Historic Places nominations or cultural resources survey information, free to (K-12) classroom teachers, $ .25 per page for all others.
From University of Missouri Press:
To order, call (800) 828-1894.
- Agriculture and Slavery in Missouri's Little Dixie, Hurt, $7.50;
- Dancing to a Black Man's Tune: A life of Scott Joplin, Curtis, $26.95;
- Discovering African American St. Louis; a Guide to Historic Sites, Wright;
- George Washington Carver: In His Own Words, Kremer, $15.95;
- James Milton Turner and the Promise of America: the Public Life of a Post-Civil War Black Leader, Kremer, $32.50
- Missouri's Black Heritage, revised edition, Greene, Kremer, and Holland, $32.50 cloth/$15.95 paper;
- Missouri Supreme Court: From Dred Scott to Nancy Cruzan, Dunne, $34.95;
- Semblance of Justice: St. Louis School Desegregation and Order in Urban America, Monti, $26.00.
From the Preservation Press:
To order, call (800) 766-6847.
- African American Historic Places, Savage, ed., $25.95;
From the Missouri Division of Tourism:
Call (314) 751-4133.
- A Guide to Missouri's African American Heritage, free.
From Indiana University Press:
Call your local bookstore to order.
- North Webster: a Photographic History of a Black Community, Morris.